Monday, November 5, 2012

The Dreaded Day

It wasn't until this day did I realize how one day can impact you the rest of your life. Birthdays happen once a year. A joyful happy day of celebrations about you. Days like this, however, make me relive every detail of the events that lead up to why this that has become dreaded.


In looking for some peace and hope and something to stop my tears, I turned to her verse. Romans 12:12. However, my phone was on The Message version. This is what it said.

11-13 Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

I've been struggling as a mom (don't burn out) and I was reminded to be trying to be the kind of mom that she was. (Keep yourselves fueled and aflame). I achieved one of my goals for this year, a half marathon. Still working thru the other. Jeremiah is hard to relate to. (Don't quit in the hard times, pray all the harder.) I will get thru today because of many prayers. (Help the needy) Mom did. (Be inventive in hospitality) My distraction for the day is lunch here with some friends.

And now to continue with my day and wake up my kids....

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12



No comments: