Monday, December 21, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Song of the Season

I came across this song, for once, FREE, from Amazon.com (25 Free Christmas MP3s). It has quickly become my favorite Christmas song this year. I have included the lyrics so you could see why its my favorite.

 I Celebrate the Day, by Relient K

With this Christmas wish is missed the point I could convey
if only I could find the words to say to let you know
How much you've touched my life because
here is where you're finding me in the exact same place as New Years Eve
and from a lack of my persistency we're less than half as close as I want to be

The first time that you opened your eyes did you realize that you would be my savior?
And the first breath that left you lips did you know that it would change this world forever?

And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
to what this midnight made so clear but you have come to meet me here
To look back, think that this baby would one day save me
The hope that, that you give that you were born so I might really live

The first time that you opened your eyes did you realize that you would be my savior?
And the first breath that left you lips did you know that it would change this world forever?

And I, I celebrate the day that you were born to die
so I could one day pray for you to save my life.

No comments: