Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Failures

I was feeling a little frustrated with myself tonight. I was still thinking about parenting mistakes that I made today, and vowing to be a better mom tomorrow. I really didn't have patience for rocking Lexi tonight. I didn't read Kailey stories. I did the essentials, and headed for bed. I grabbed my new computer here (great because my other laptop is only usable with a cord attached, defeating the purpose of the portability of a laptop). Logged in to my 'igoogle.com' page, and saw my verse for the day.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

WOW! While the entire verse is exactly what I needed, I found myself drawn to "I delight in weaknesses." I certainly showed my weaknesses tonight. I did the opposite of delight in them, and I even saw the weakness coming! What would happen if I delighted in my weakness? Merriam-Webster (m-w.com) gave this for their first definition of "delight" (noun) a high degree of gratification : joy ; also : extreme satisfaction. How my weakness, and my attitude that is present with my weakness, would change if their was joy in my voice! I'll have to try that tomorrow.

No comments: